8 Things You Should Demand When Buying Custom Plantation Window Shutters
The Best thing about our plantation shutters is the superior quality at a low price. Because we are the shutter manufacturer, you are buying at factory direct prices. Visit our facility to see our shutter quality, get a free estimate, and compare for yourself.
- Buy Direct. (No middlemen or dealer/retail relationships). Your shutter company should measure, manufacture and provide a clean and professional installation (No sub-contractors or installers paid by the square foot)
- Buy from a company that you can trust. See how long the company has been in business. Check the the Contractors State License Board (1-800-321-2752) #594550 for complaint history. Ensure that they have adequate liability, workers compensation and auto insurance in place and are licensed and bonded for your protection.
- Use a company that has a showroom where all the available shutter configurations are on display allowing you to “feel and touch” the shutters and select colors, louver size, hardware, framing and stile profiles, divider rails, smooth or sandblasted, beveled glass inserts, sliding shutters, specialty shapes and many more options.
- Use a shutter company that offers a free in home estimate where the estimate and design of your shutters is completed by employees with hands on factory manufacturing experience, and where the factory fabrication work order is engineered by the same person who saw your windows in your house so they understand the decor requirements. The shutters should be personalized to fit your windows precisely (no pre made panels or components.)
- Make sure the shutter company offers a strong warranty. The construction and installation of your shutters and louver doors are warranted to you, the original purchaser, and also fully transferable to the next owner of your home when you move, as follows:A limited lifetime warranty on installation, workmanship and labor (when installed by Shutters and More, Inc.), and a full ten (10) year warranty on all structural components which includes all moving parts, staples and louver tension. All paint finishes carry a ten (10) year warranty, (except for re-finishing which carries no warranty) and two (2) years on all stains. Additionally there is a lifetime warranty against bleeding.
- Ensure that the shutters are 100% solid Basswood -no engineered material, veneered, pressed or finger joint material which could later show through the finish.
- Use only a company who shows their commitment to quality and superior craftsmanship by using exclusively furniture grade nitro cellulose non-yellowing lacquer paints with U.V inhibitors. (No water based paints). They should also offer free custom stains and paint color matches. (No company selected colors for you to choose from)
- The shutter company should offer a wide range of hardware and frame selections. We offer many different hinge finishes including powder coated to match paint colors, antique brass, bright brass, polished chrome, nickel, oil rubbed bronze and others. Also offered are frame molding upgrades at no additional charge. We also use exclusively magnets (white and brown) to keep shutters closed (no button receiver catches)
Our designer showroom displays all our products, or for your convenience, a designer will come to your home with samples for a FREE in home estimate.